A towel that fits. A hooded and wearable towel that doubles as a beach blanket, lightweight (UPF 15) sun protection, an evening wrap, and who knows what else. The Grid Linen fabric sheds sand and absorbs moisture while staying dry to the touch for a better dry down experience, but more than anything it’s just plain fun to have at the beach.
Woven in Lithuania
Linen has the strongest tensile strength of the plant fibers and is generally considered to be one of the oldest used for textiles. With its low static and pilling it easily weaves an open structure that lets air flow through the fabric. Linen also has the remarkable ability to absorb 20% of its weight of moisture while remaining dry to the touch. We chose a box weave linen, its three dimensional structure maximizes the surface area of the linen fibers. It absorbs moisture better, dries faster and shrugs off sand and dirt better than a flat weave linen. High quality linen gets softer and softer over time, and when cared for properly can be handed down through generations.
A note on handling linen properly: Linen has many times the lateral strength of cotton, which is why it was once used to make ropes; however it is significantly less flexible. In day-to-day use this doesn't make much difference, but in certain conditions, particularly those found in top loading washing machines, it can become a problem. So wash yours in a front loading washer on a gentle cycle and you should be all good.
Garment measurements in inches, measured flat
|Width x Length||48 x 39|
Made with Grid Linen
Total weight of 600g
Made in New York City with Lithuanian fabric
- Open ended wear with a hood and wrap style front
- Three dimensional box weave structure maximizes surface area of fabric
- Absorbs moisture while staying dry to the touch
- Dries quickly and resists mildew
- Sheds sand easily
- Gets softer with use, ages beautifully over time
- Cotton twill hanging loop
- Unwashed, we recommend washing before use
- Machine wash on gentle, tumble dry low
- Avoid top loading washing machines with agitators